Skip to main content

GSoC 2019 with OWASP!

Yup! I'm late, you can call me busy though, sounds better.
So the final wait is over, got selected for Google Summer of Code  '19 under OWASP (yeah! on cloud nine :D). I'll be working on SecureTea Tools Project under my respected mentor @rejahrehim.

Thanks a lot to my parents for supporting me during the ups and downs of this journey. A great thanks to my room-mates Durgesh, Shivam and Rajdeep for the hostel coffee & most importantly letting me keep the lights on at 3 AM nights :D.

Community bonding period:

How I got here?
To be honest, GSoC was never my aim. It all happened. I started contributing to open-source for fun. There were a few projects maintained by some individuals, which I was using frequently for my pentesting needs. Eventually, I was able to find bugs and issues in them and send patches to the team. Some times it got accepted, some times it got rejected. But it was fun! there were people from all over the world trying to imporve the same project irrespective of their job and academics. Being a Computer Science student, contributing to open source provided a great chance to master my programming skills.
I came to know about GSoC from my class-mate @ritiek, who got selected in GSoC '18. Thanks a lot, buddy!

Community bonding:
I'm using this time to complete the documentation, improve unit test cases and improve code readability by improving the function/methods docstrings. Also, I'll be working on re-structuring the project, to make it more modular and ensure efficient data flow.

The following months are going to be fun, I'll be learning a lot.
Again, a great thanks to my mentor @rejahrehim, I can't be more grateful to him for trusting me as a potential GSoC student, I'll try my best not to disappoint anyone flaring expectations from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog